Garden Kneelers to avoid Knee Pain!
- 1 Garden Kneelers to avoid Knee Pain!
Us gardener’s are pretty passionate (obsessed) when we literally spend hour’s outdoors in our beloved garden’s.
Time stand’s still doesn’t it? Until we begin to feel our knee’s burn with pain! (And usually our back not long after).
Fortunately in this article, I’m going to review for you 4 Garden Kneeler’s that will eliminate or lessen your knee pain when gardening, so you can stay in your happy place gardening for hours on end.
How does that sound?
Over the year’s I’ve tried many garden kneeler’s. Most ended up on the junk pile after a few week’s (yes actually) because I didn’t take the time to research garden kneeler’s properly.
But today is a different story.
It’s crystal clear to me now after much testing, (and reading through hundred’s of verified product reviews) to begin with a garden kneeler I consider to out perform the rest. It is the Ohuhu Upgraded Garden kneeler, period!
In saying that, I have also taken some time to review a further 3 garden kneelers with seat’s for you to consider.
So exactly which garden kneelers are best to counteract knee pain?
An effective garden kneeler should support your joints and convert into seats when your legs also get tired, which they will.
And storage for your tools is a MUST bonus and be quickly accessible. I keep all sort’s of bit’s and pieces in mine including a cool drink’s!
So my fellow gardener’s, here are my top 4 recommendations for the best garden kneeler.
Our Top 4 Best Garden Kneeler Recommendations
1. Ohuhu Upgraded Garden Kneeler
There are over 4,196 product review’s on Amazon for this specific garden kneeler, “The Ohuhu”.
You can understand so much more about a product by reading verified reviews. I did just that and this is what I found.
It is rated by verified purchasers to be 4.7 for Comfort
It is rated by erified purchasers to be 4.8 for Maneuverability
It is rated by erified purchasers to be 4.8 for Lightweight
It is rated by erified purchasers to be Giftable or as a gift to other’s
Other word’s repetitively and commonly stated in the product reviews for Ohuhu Garden Kneeler were: much easier kneeling position, will help your back to, easy to fold, knee saver, well made, lightweight to carry around the garden, easy to use, I get to sit when tired, portable and comfortable, love the 8 inch seat and more. (not bad)
Some questions about the product were also asked abd answered by reviewers such as:
What is the weight limit? Answer 300 pounds
The product description say’s it’s green, is it actually GREEN? Answer Yes green. Metal parts are a darker green then the pads but we love it
Is the metal powerder coated? Answer Yes
Are the handles strong enough to support you when standing up? Answer Yes the handles are strong enough to support you when standing. And another reviewer say’s – I suppose that depends on how much you weigh. It says it supports up to 300 pounds so that sounds pretty sturdy. I have never stood on it but I have sat and knelt on it.
Does the seat padding contain formamide? Answer from Ohuhu Direct personally – Thanks for your question which led us to carefully study our product materials again, and please kindly note that our Ohuhu garden kneeler doesn’t contain formamide, the materials are environmentally friendly:) If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us!
Is the fabric comfortable on bare skin? Answer, Yes. Bare leg’s and back of knee’s not a problem as said by users.
The Ohuhu Upgraded Garden Kneeler I found is a safe, easy and best of all lightweight choice for gardening needs.
But if you prefer to sit when you garden, you can convert the kneeler into a convenient seat; if you prefer to kneel closer to your plants, it can also function as a pad, brilliant I thought. The Ohuhu garden kneeler is also foldable, so it’s easy to transfer inside and outside!
The adaptability of the Ohuhu garden kneeler doesn’t just work in the garden; you can also use it inside!
You can use it as a seat while making a meal or while washing up the dishes if you choose. I don’t personally do that, but some of my friends actually use it inside all the time.
- The Ohuhu kneeler is dual functioning, so it is operational in more than just the garden and can be used for whatever your preference is.
- The kneeler is cushioned, so there will be more than just fabric between your knees and the ground. It also makes the seat more comfortable for long hours of use.
- The kneeling cushion is 1 inch thick, ensuring comfortable support.
- The seating cushion is 16.3 inches long and 8 inches wide for comfortability.
- The structure is steel-framed, and it has a weight limit of 300 pounds. Given that it is steel-framed, it is also weathering proof in case you do not want to bring the kneeler inside.
- The Ohuhu kneeler is foldable, which makes it easier for transport. Since it can be used as a chair, you can take it on fishing trips or to your vacation home. The weight of the folded kneeler is 7.6 pounds.
- The kneeler has tool pouches, making your tools easily accessible, preventing you from bending down to reach for tools, and possibly making your back sore. It has one pouch on each arm of the seat, which is divided into five pockets for organization.
- The kneeler is only available in one color, “green” – go figure! Meaning there no personalization possible but hey, you can easily use a colourful towel or cloth of your choice like right. Easy fix.
2. Oteymart Garden Kneeler
The Oteymart Garden Kneeler is another safe and secure choice for gardening needs and is fractionally cheaper than the Ohuhu kneeler.
This kneeler is also foldable and can be made into a seat or cushion as well.
The Oteymart brand is a brand stationed with Amazon, with many products for indoor storage furniture and outside seating.
- The Oteymart kneeler is dual functioning for a choice in your garden preferences.
- The kneeler is cushioned, giving appropriate support for your back when sitting and knees when kneeling.
- The kneeling cushion is ¾ of an inch thick, slightly thinner than that of the Ohuhu.
- The seating cushion is 16 inches long and 6.1 inches wide, giving is slightly less room than the Ohuhu as well.
- The structure is steel-framed and has a limit of 250 pounds. It is slightly lower than the Ohuhu garden kneeler.
- The Oteymart kneeler is foldable, making it easier to transport as needed. The weight of the folded kneeler is 5.7 pounds, making it less heavy than the Ohuhu kneeler. The lower weight makes the kneeler even easier to transport.
- The kneeler has tool pouches for convenience and to avoid soreness by bending down. There is one tool pouch on the right arm of the seat and is divided into four pockets for organization.
- The Oteymart kneeler is more affordable than the Ohuhu kneeler.
- Although the kneeler has five stars, there are only two reviews on the product which you can read and decide for yourself, if it will work for you.
- The kneeler is only available in one color, disabling any preference unless you do it yourself.
3. Tomcare Upgraded Garden Kneeler
The Tomcare Upgraded Garden Kneeler is yet another easy option for a garden kneeler. It is upgraded from its first edition of the product. Again is slightly less expensive than the Ohuhu kneeler but is more expensive than the Oteymart kneeler.
This kneeler is also foldable, and the matt for kneeling is wider for the larger gardener’s comfort.
The Tomcare brand is also an Amazon brand and has highly rated outdoor lighting products. Tomcare has worked on Amazon for years and is trusted by many customers for their basic outdoor needs.
- The Tomcare kneeler is versatile, and you feel more comfortable while working in the garden.
- The kneeler is cushioned to give comfort to keep gardening a peaceful activity.
- The structure of the steel frame has a weight limit of 330 pounds.
- The Tomcare kneeler is foldable and comes with a hanging hook. The hanging hook provides easy and out of the way storage.
- The folded kneeler weighs 7.43 pounds, slightly lighter than the Ohuhu but heavier than that of Oteymart.
- The kneeler has two pockets, one on each arm of the seat. Each pocket is divided into two sections, allowing for some organization but not as organized as the Ohuhu or Oteymart.
- The kneeler is available in three different colors. So you can choose a preference.
- Although the weight limit of the steel frame is 330 pounds, there are plastic supports within the seat that have been reported to crack with someone of 230 pounds.
- Some of the colors are more expensive than others.
4. Luckyermore Folding Garden Kneeler
The Luckyermore Folding Garden Kneeler is a simple and cheaper product to prevent pain while gardening. It is the most cost-effective gardener kneeler that we recommend.
The kneeler is foldable, and its cushions are made of foam, making it easy to form into the shape of your body and the kneeler more lightweight.
Luckyermore is another Amazon brand that manufactures products for every room in the home and furnishings for outside. The gardening tool products are highly rated and have been trusted by many for their quality and endurance. With multiple areas of furnishings, they are trusted with the structural designs of seating furniture in particular.
- Dual functioning for easier use. No matter your preferred position for gardening.
- There are no dimensions given for the cushioned kneeler pad nor the seat.
- The cushions are made up of foam, making the Luckyermore Folding Garden Kneeler more lightweight and easier to travel with.
- The foam of the cushions is reported to be dense and hard until after the first few uses until it can mold to your shape.
- The steel structure of the frame makes the kneeler more durable and holds more weight.
- The kneeler is foldable, making it easier to store and to travel with if you use the seat for fishing or activities around your home.
- The kneeler is 5.7 pounds, making it lighter than the Ohuhu and Tomcare kneelers and the same weight as the Oteymart kneeler.
- The Luckeymore kneeler comes with one pocket that attaches to one arm of the seat.
- The pocket comes with one removable pocket, allowing some organization or separation of a water bottle and gardening tools.
- The kneeler is only available in one color.
- The kneeler is available to come in a two-pack, making it easier if you garden with a partner or want to give one as a gift to a friend.
- The length of the seat is 16.1 inches, giving a comfortable amount of space for seating, but not as much space as the Ohuhu kneeler and slightly more space than the Tomcare kneeler.
- There is no given weight limit. There have been reports from consumers that it can hold up to 250 pounds. But there have also been reports that the foam has bent in the seat with someone of 150 pounds.
Why you shouldn’t just buy any garden kneeler with pad/cushions
Regular gardening kneelers with cushions or pads literally only have one use, kneeling. By considering which one to buy – with both a seat and a kneeler, is going to make all the difference really. It’s either going to work for you, or like me, it’s going to end up on the junk pile. Cheap doesn’t necessarily mean the best, I think we all know that. And in contrast, the most expensive doesn’t mean you are not going to have problems either. Maybe think of it as a balanced view, something (garden kneeler product) in between perhaps, that will win the battle and work for you for years to come.
Related post: How to Sharpen Loppers
The reason you’ve hopefully read this far, is for me to do the tedious research for you effectively, and hopefully I’ve done just that.
You want an effective garden kneeler that is strong and sturdy, and won’t fall apart on you in a few months time!
A garden kneeler that won’t hurt your knees either, that’s a must!
It’s reasonable affordable, lightweight and ultimately, it’s gonna save your back as well, halleluyah! – No joint pain should ever get in the way of your “time out” gardening.